Land and Sea Tour
Tour Type: Herods Land and Sea Personal guided and hosted, combination motor/walking/water taxi and Coastal cruise
Tour Duration: 6.0 – 7.0 hours
Tour Times: Departs at 9 A.M. and return approximately 3:45 P.M.
What to Bring: Swimsuits, towels, cameras/camcorders, sunscreen, sunglasses, hats/caps, Water shoes, snorkel gear, extra cash for shopping
Tour Cost: Adults US$85 pp
Kids: twelve years (12) and over US$80 pp
Five to eleven years (5 – 11) US$45 pp
One to four years (1 – 4) free of charge
- Pick up and drop off at cruise ship/hotel
- Admissions to waterfall and mud bath
- Buffet lunch
- Sampling of ripe bananas, creole bread, coconut cakes and buns
- Complimentary drinks of spring water, regular and diet coke, ginger ale
Piton beers and rum punch
Tour Minimum: Ten (10) persons
Specially designed for cruise ship passengers and hotel clientele staying in the north of the island you will experience the true beauty of St. Lucia’s west coast on this amazing tour by land and then by sea. This tour allows you more time at jalousie/sugar beach, a special treat at Herod’s mom’s home for an authentic Creole buffet and a memorable speed boat cruise/ride along the islands western coastline on the clear, pristine, blue waters of the Caribbean sea.
Tour begins after the pick up from your cruise port or hotel with an introductory motor tour of Castries, the capital of St. Lucia. An informative and lively narrative history will live you with the feeling that you are on familiar grounds.
We will make a brief stop near the cathedral of the immaculate conception (biggest catholic church on the island built in 1899). Next to this church is the Derek Walcott square, full of history and one of the venue for St. Lucia’s world famous jazz festival. Marvel at the renowned Samaan tree (reportedly more than 400 years old) bulging from the center of the square.
We continue on a short drive to an overlook stop at Morne Fortune with breathtaking and spectacular views of the port area, Vigie lighthouse and northern St. Lucia. Drive past government house (19th century Victorian residence of the island’s governor general) said to be over one hundred (100 )years old.
A south westernly drive takes us to Marigot bay (location of the 1966 Rex Harrison movie “Dr Doolittle”, St. Lucia’s arc race and other yachting events, and trusted safe harbor from hurricanes/storms.
Your tour continues with a drive through and stop at the largest banana plantation in St.Lucia (Roseau valley). There you will be filled with info on the cultivation, harvest and export of bananas, St. Lucia’s main export crop. Free sampling of fresh, juicy ripe bananas from the plantation will be offered to everyone.
We continue driving through scenic and lush vegetation along the island’s west coast.
No sooner you will be mesmerized by two charming singular and quaint fishing villages (Anse la Raye & Canaries) both situated in coves of steep hills. Marvel at the unique micro cultures that is St. Lucia and the striking fishing canoes that are used for daily fishing up to this day. Enjoy a timely complimentary sampling of creole butter bread, coconut cakes, buns and refreshments.
We then descend towards/into one of St. Lucia’s first settlements, old French town of Soufriere (sulphur in the air). It is said to be the island’s first capital/town, coaling station and economic port. Standing at the background are the majestic pitons rising above 2600 ft stubbornly at the waters edge.
The adventure continues to the sulphur springs and world’s only drive through volcano, where you will smell your approach and the distinctive pangent aroma reputed to relieve sinusitis and pressure (definitely a Kodak moment). At the sulphur springs you will be treated to a therapeutic mud bath in the 100 degree farenheit mineral pool. This water is said to be very healthy because of its therapeutic healing properties and exfoliation of the skin. Guaranteed to feel fifteen (15) years younger after this once in a lifetime mud bath.
After being rejuvenated by the abundance of Lucian magic, you will be whisked away to Herod’s mom’s home for a sumptuous and authentic creole lunch (buffet), guaranteed to inspire much story telling for years to come!
Think it’s over, then wait till you get to the Toraille Waterfall for a chilling swim in the crystal clear pool beneath a sixty feet waterfall amidst lush surrounding beauty. The botanical gardens at Toraille is an excellent place to immerse yourself in the stunning beauty of St. Lucia’s flora and fauna, and to understand how important a role it plays in the life of this Island Paradise.
A six minutes drive after takes you to the Soufriere pier for a water taxi ride to the jalousie/sugar beach , for a refreshing swim, relaxation and abundance snorkeling for approximately one (1) hour and fifteen (15) minutes. You will surely be left in awe at the spectacular underwater life that embraces St. Lucia’s clear blue waters.
After an amazing time on the beach you will board one of our chattered speed boats for an unforgettable forty (40) minutes boat ride along the picturesque west coast.
Be entertained by the sounds and sights of fruit bats at the famous bat cave along Soufriere’s coastline.
Keep the shutters rolling as you marvel at the coastline’s rugged terrain, black sand beaches, coves and villages as you continue touring with our professional captain (s) and guides.
You will get a second opportunity to see picturesque Marigot bay from the water this time around. Your guide and captain will surely point out the homes of some of the rich and famous living on this part of the island.
Your day is not complete without a Kodak moment of the coastlines natural bridge known as the “tunnel of love” resembling a woman’s high heel.
Your time as our guest will seem to come too soon, even though we shared the best part of your special day in St. Lucia. After much laughter, smiles and singularly treasured experiences, the tour concludes as your speed boat delivers you safely portside to your ship timely, rested and officially a member of the greater St. Lucia family!
- Snorkeling gears/equipment are available for rent at jalousie beach for US$10 a full set (i.e. mask, snorkel and fins)
- You may bring your own snorkeling equipment if you wish to
- Beach chairs are rented at a cost of US$25 per chair
- Free beach chairs are available but limited in number so it’s a first come first serve basis
- Jalousie/sugar beach is public and therefore individuals could open their towels anywhere on the beach or sand
- Washroom, changing room and showers are available free of charge at jalousie/sugar beach
- Tour can be customized by eliminating certain stops or activities. Majority of persons must agree with the suggestions if everyone’s not part of the same group
- Group or private tour can be arranged. Price adjustments may need to be made for such
- Payment must be made in US cash on the day of the tour before you board the speed boat at jalousie/sugar beach for the return trip to the ship/hotel
- No deposit is needed. Also no cancellation fees. If for some reason you cannot make it for the tour kindly call or come to the waiting area to inform me. That way myself and others won’t wait on you uselessly for the morning
- Unlike other tour operators Herod does not play cheap with complimentary drinks. It is unlimited throughout the tour
- Absolutely no smoking on the van (s). You may smoke when we get off the van for photo opportunities at viewing points